Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Spring Tea-Dressing Mr. Darcy



The Jane Austen Society region of North Texas hosted a delightful Spring Tea last Sunday! I had the pleasure of attending it! The Spring Tea was held in the stunning French Room at the Adolphus Hotel in Dallas!!


You have bewitched me, body and soul. -Mr. Darcy


My Regency ensemble, that I sewed, consisted of a drawstring gown made from dotted swiss, my straw bonnet, and a reticule.






Isn't the French Room stunning!! I couldn't get over its beautiful architecture!!

Stunning chandelier!


Lovely place setting!


The delicate food was very scrumptious! Almost to lovely to eat!

Itty bitty little desserts!




Mr. Darcy *aka Brian Cushing from Beneath the Layers * did his excellent presentation on men's Regency clothing! This the was main highlight and reason for the tea!







I found Mr. Darcy! :P





I made my mom's ensemble too!!

Playing the piano forte on this 1860's Steinway!


I had a lovely time and look forward to going to their next event which is June with Jane and the Netherfield Ball!!


Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment