Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2015

In the Kitchen| Banana Walnut Bread




I am starting a new series here on the blog where I will be sharing my adventures in the kitchen! Today's goodness is banana walnut bread! Oh how I love it;P 
I got the recipe from our worn, but well used Good Housekeeping Cookbook.



Yield: 1 Loaf


1 3/4 c. Flour( I used white wheat)
2/3 c. Sugar (I used 1/2 c. honey)
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 c. (1 stick)  Butter, softened
1 c. Bananas, mashed (about 2 ripe large bananas)
1/2 c. Walnuts, coarsely chopped
1 tsp. Grated Lemon Peel( I don't usually put this in the bread)
2 Eggs, slightly beaten


  1.  Preheat oven to350 degrees. Grease 9" by 5" loaf pan.
  2. In a mixer, blend eggs, butter, sugar or honey, and bananas. Next add baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour. Mix until well blended. Finally, add the walnut and lightly mix. Spoon batter evenly into loaf pan. 
  3. Bake for 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in to center of the bread comes out clean. Cool bread in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes; remove from pan and finish cooling on wire rack.
I usually triple the recipe since I have a large family! Makes a great breakfast!







Happy Baking!
Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment